THE 28TH ANNUAL HUMAN SERVICES AWARDS
The Human Services Network is proud to announce that the 28th Annual Human Services Awards was held on a snowy morning in the Capri Grand Ballroom at the Peppermill Resort and Casino on Thursday, January 12, 2017 from 8 to 10 am.
A veritable who’s who of the health and human services providers filled the room with smiling faces and open hearts. This year’s event ws supported by NV Energy, Schwab Bank, Clark and Associates, and Renown.
And the winners of the 28th Annual Human Services Awards were…
Thanks to everyone who took the time to send in a nomination. All of those nominated were worthy of recognition in their own right and the review committee had the great privilege and difficulty of deciding from amongst many highly qualified nominees. In the end, the following nominees stood apart and are this year’s winners. Congratulations to all!
- Student Volunteer of the Year: Lesili Pousima, Hug High School
- Politician of the Year: Commissioner Kitty Jung, Washoe County Board of Commissioners
- Board Member of the Year: Harriet Cummings, Community Chest, Inc.
- Staff Member of the Year: Lisa Lee, Northern Nevada HOPES
- Administrator of the Year: Stacy Smith, Nye Communities Coalition
- Agency of the Year: The Solace Tree
- Michael O’Callaghan Humanitarian Award: Sharon Chamberlain